Amarok 2 and Amarok 1.4

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Wed Oct 15 20:40:02 UTC 2008

Hi Willy

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Willy K. Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.kubuntu.org/amarok2-beta2
> if you read the last line of the article, it's obvious that there is a
> part of the article missing! the sentence is cut in it's middle :S
> so anyone know if i can install amarok 2 and amarok 1.4 alongside each
> other in intrepid? is this possible?

It might get tricky since Kubuntu Intrepid doesn't use the .kde4/
configuration anymore but uses .kde/ by default, so you might
experience difficulties. It was not a problem with KDE4 on Hardy as it
used a separate configuration folder. Did you try Neon instead of
Amarok 2 beta 2? This would use a .amarok-neon/ folder for the
configuration IIRC

Greets

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org