Sudden complications with Adept and Synaptic - partly solved

Ulrich Grün ulrich.gruen at
Mon Oct 13 16:50:17 BST 2008

2008/10/13 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at>:
> 2008/10/13 Ulrich Grün <ulrich.gruen at>:
>> Gain root access via 'su'. Then:
>> apt-get remove sudo && apt-get install sudo
>> (instead of '&&' you could give both commands one after another)
> I think it's better to purge the package so the config files will be
> deleted as if i remember correct apt-get install will not overwrite
> config files if they exist. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is true: 'apt-get purge sudo' will do the job. But maybe the
problem is not in the config file. Best try to do a normal reinstall,
if that doesn't work, then purge.

" Can't talk to you without talking to me; we're guilty of the same
old thing. . .
        Thinking a lot about less and less, and forgetting the love we bring "
                                     [R.Hunter, J.Garcia. In: Althea]