Beta 8.10 released

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 18:05:36 UTC 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 18:30:23 Willy Hamra wrote:
> bah, internet! people always assume that they are talking with people
> in their age criteria. young people think they are talking with young
> people. old people thnk they're talking with old people. i turn 21 in
> 2 months, and seeing your ages makes me feel like i'm somewhere i
> don't belong to

No - I hestitate to contradict you, but this mention of actual ages arose
because Gene assumed that he was talking to someone who was not his age.  He
said in fact that he was 3 times my age.  So his assumption is that everyone
else is young - not that everyone else is his age!!  You are almost exactly
on the age he clearly wants the rest of us to be. ;-)  (One third of 74 is
just under 25.)

You have knowledge, we have experience.  The one complements the other nicely.
Please don't let's turn this into an ageist war. :-)

Incidently, my local LUG currently has a membership ranging in age from 14 to
76.  (So far as we know.  There may, of course, be the odd closet 9 year old
or 85 year old. ;-)  )  Why do groups of people need to be all the same age
for people to "belong"??

Lisi