Sudden complications with Adept and Synaptic

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:23:10 UTC 2008

See below.
>>> Or better yet, use 'kdesudo'.
>>>
>> I don't think that would help if kdesu is broken:
>>

> This should check if it's broken (as root):
>   apt-get check kdesu
>
> Alternatively, it would be good to do:
>   apt-get remove kdesu
>   apt-get install kdesu

Hello Everybody

Thanks for all your input so far. However, I did not yet manage to solve
the Adept and Synaptic problem.
I tried to check, remove and reinstall kdesu, as suggested above. Below
I share with you the results that came to me via Konsole.

My attempt to check kdesu delivered a strange result:
====================================
root at Viaconsensus1:/home/bas#  apt-get check kdesu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
root at Viaconsensus1:/home/bas#  apt-get remove kdesu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package kdesu is not installed, so not removed

This is what I got when I tried to 'remove' kdesu:
==================================
root at Viaconsensus1:/home/bas# apt-get remove kdesu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package kdesu is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Here are the results of my attempts to (re)install kdesu:
=====================================
root at Viaconsensus1:/home/bas# apt-get install kdesu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package kdesu is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package kdesu has no installation candidate
root at Viaconsensus1:/home/bas#
(Here i got stuck again..)

??????

Warm greetings,