Beta 8.10 released

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 08:47:48 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 10/10/08, Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:

> From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>
> Subject: Re: Beta 8.10 released
> To: "Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 7:03 PM
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Friday 10 October 2008 16:34:16 Billie Erin Walsh
> wrote:

> originally said about my
> United States.)

> >> One thing I have learned over time is no matter
> what your going to
> >> offend someone along the way.  As you grow older
> you learn not to let it
> >> bother you if you do.
> >>

> > I can't agree.  I used to care less than I do.
> But as I got older I have
> > learnt to respect other people's feelings more.
> If I can reasonably manage
> > it, and provided of course that I am not so angry that
> I would be pleased if
> > I gave offence ;-), I try to avoid giving offence.
> This does not mean that I
> > always succeed, of course.
> >
> > Lisi
> >

> You aren't old enough yet. *<]:oD

In the past I've learned even if you try to think of everything and not try to offend anybody people do get offended and complain. Keep trying, that's what I'm doing too but in this point Ms/Mr Walsh is right ;-)

Here is a short story ... Few days ago we went to a dinner with few friends and met few others. One of them I didn't know. In the discussion while dining we were talking about politics, because here elections just passed. I said that I think a particular politician presented himself very well and I think at the moment he is the best one. I also followed the campaign of most of them and think I have objective view.
The person I didn't know got very frustrated, couldn't backup why I shouldn't say this and finally stood up paid his bill and left.
Well I think it was his own decision to do so, because what I did and backed up was to say what I'm thinking and explain it. If someone does not like it - well I can not do anything about it.
There are so many people that always there is someone to disagree, complain, get hurt and so on.
You'll never be able to meet the needs of all of them, Lisi. But keep trying this is the right way otherwise you turn into a selfish neglecting person and loose all your friends.

regards