8.10b - first impression and questions [Yes, I am going to hijack this thread!]

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 21:43:15 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 10/9/08, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> From: Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> Subject: Re: 8.10b - first impression and questions [Yes, I am going to hijack this thread!]
> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 5:31 PM
> Ian L. Target wrote:
>
> > Art Alexion wrote:
> >> A lot of things moved backwards in the US in the
> '80s and 2000s...
> >
> > Oh my gosh!  The 80's were the best!  Big hair -
> /really/ big hair,
> > mullets, parachute pants, one-hit wonders pop-music,
> 99 Red Ballons,
> > Girls Just Wanting to Have Fun  . . .
> > Home computers using BBS's instead of the
> internet.  Ronald Reagan and
> > Margaret Thatcher ruled the world.  Nobody dared f***
> with
> > Maggie or Ronnie!  The wall came down, which of course
> is not in the US,
> > but its fall was initiated by Ronnie's famous
> command, " . . . tear down
> > this wall."
>
> Wasn't that Pink Floyd?
> --

I think one very important name should be mentioned here - the man called Michail Gorbatchov. If it wasn't him we could end up in a nuclear desaster and linux wouldn't see the daylight at all ;-)

Don't want to give a history lesson here but if the east block (russia+sattelites) was weak and sick, does it mean that the west (Ronnie or Maggie + sattelites) are strong?

May be they got sick now because they ate too much fast food :-D and now it's their turn to be week. Things change in history

regards