Tried KDE 4.1.2

Frederic Schaer fred.schaer at free.fr
Wed Oct 8 19:32:20 UTC 2008

Richard S. Crawford a écrit :
> Well, I've been trying KDE 4 off and on.
>
> Is it okay to just not like it? It's smooth enough and fast enough and
> pretty enough, but there are a couple of things that irked me,
> especially in the panel:
>
> * I miss the Quicklaunch tool, and haven't been able to find a widget
> like it for KDE 4. I know that I can drag program icons from the K
> menu to the panel, but I have twelve programs listed in my Quicklaunch
> tool, and twelve full-size icons on my KDE 4 panel just isn't going to
> work.

I had the same problem...
I found the quicklaunch plasmoïd on kde-look, but what can be found on
kde-look.org doesn't work because of paths that are different.

However, concerning the quick launch replacement, you should try in the
K menu to right-click on your favorite app and then , "add to favorites"
: this is what is displayed first when you click on the K Menu, and is
almost what I use daily now, instead of the folder view I have (which is
not easy to use because of windows beeing on top, execpt if you want to
use the dashboard plasma, which also looks very cool, I admit...)

Cheers