Beta 8.10 released

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 20:00:15 UTC 2008

theanks for the reply

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, Art Alexion <art.alexion at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be Debian unstable (as opposed to testing).  And
> don't let
> the 'unstable' fool you.

Thanks I think I know this. I read about k/ubuntu and how it adpts debian years ago. And it's not fooling me, it's scaring me.
I have few friends (users) who are using k/ubuntu and have to help them go ahead. The good thing is they do not update :-)

In fact I had my best experience with my old desktop pc and debian stable. It was woody isntalled right after it went out. Not much stuff - basic kde  and kernel 2.4.26 at the end. I've been using it for may be 5 years until I've got a notebook.

I compiled a lot of programs I've been missing fixed the bugs or had them fixed by the dev people and I naver ever had problems like now.

I'm spending more time right now in different user lists trying to find a solution and finally compile the program from source, test it and solve the problem forever.

I'm planing to do the same with lenny , though hardware and apps got more complex.

thanks for the discussion anyway