Beta 8.10 released

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Oct 8 18:11:39 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 10:26:02 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > My husband, if faced by beta testing, would probably run screaming from
> > the room.
>
> LOL.  I'm in pretty much the same boat.  Next month, I'll start by
> upgrading my wife's box to the version of Hardy I'm running today, _then_
> upgrade mine to Intrepid.

Funny, my wife, a coder in the late '70s, early '80s (pascal and assembler,
with punchcards), stopped working with computers when our kids were born.
Since then, she seems to have stopped being able to even add contacts to her
cell phone.  Nonetheless, she runs Hardy on her laptop, but has no idea of
the OS so long as she can find her programs and it doesn't crash on her.
Hardy/KDE 3.5.10 fits that bill well for her.  I will not be upgrading her
laptop unless I have to.