default locales should be C

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Oct 8 15:21:31 BST 2008

Martin Laberge wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 October 2008 05:05:56 Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>> > sorry I know "immediate" is not people like to hear, but I need
>> > immediate support on this or any a idea how it can be fixed.
>>
>> If it is really urgent you may consider commercial support
>> <http://www.ubuntu.com/support/paid>.
>>

>> Nils
>>

> or you may edit your file   /etc/environment
>
> and add the locales by hand
>
> LC_ALL=C

I don't think that would solve his problem.  It's fine for those of us who
use English, but he's referring to a situation where _his_ language is
Bulgarian (iirc) and untranslated apps show up with German or Arabic
messages.

Not that I know why I bother to contribute, since I _did_ respond to his
original post and he complains he's been ignored...
--
derek