Beta 8.10 released

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Oct 8 17:59:25 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 8:05:09 am Robert Parker wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lisi,
> >
> > That is an excellent point about hardware manufacturers pre-installing
> > Linux. It is a huge step forward in widespread Linux adoption and
> > won't happen with unstable distros.
>
> Manufacturers also install Windows, the least stable distro of them all.

I don't personally use windows or even own a Microsoft product, but I support
about 20 windows 2003 servers and 300 windows XP desktops in my job.  I also
have KDE 4 from the PPA on Hardy and a test install of Intrepid.  I can tell
you that windows XP is much, much more stable than the current iteration of
of KDE 4.