default locales should be C

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 09:40:19 UTC 2008

Thanks for this advice too ... but after the discussion on the live terms of kubuntu hardy and after knowing that it is _not_ going to survive for more than 1 year from now. I don't see any reason to go forward.

I'll just switch back to debian next weekend. For now I just changed the system locales to C and the problem is not there anymore.

I should admit that, as there are more people using k/ubuntu questions are answered much faster, and user2user support is much better, but ... it seems the distro is developers driven and it does not offer stable as debian do, so if I put omoney somehwere it will be debian.
Developers or better distro providers should learn to listen to users need and a lot of users need stable release at 1st place. That's what I'm trying to say here and there.

I was misled by  the fact I read ubuntu offers LST (3 years) for the system - don't remember to have read that kubuntu does not. So this is disappointing but I kept my debian system and next weekend it's coming definitely back.

thanks any way - your information was very precious to me

not only yours Nils, but all of the people who took part in the discussions I had

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> If it is really urgent you may consider commercial support
> <http://www.ubuntu.com/support/paid>.

thanks and regards