kdesu? 8.10

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Oct 7 18:46:04 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 18:44, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> What happened to kdesu in KDE4?
>
> I need to start konqueror in admin mode (as 'root'/'su') to add a
> directory.
>
> TIA
>
> Nigel

I'm not running 8.10, or KDE4 on Kubuntu, but I've had problems with some
distros where the superuser file manager is not on KDE's menu.

Looking at HH 8.04, and KDE3, open Konsole, sudo kwrite, then navigate
to /usr/share/applications/kde/konquerorsu.desktop. Scroll down to the bottom
of the .desktop file, and change the line NoDisplay=true, so that it reads
NoDisplay=false, and the superuser file manager will be added to KDE's menu
at system/more applications, and if you are using KDE4.1 you should be able
to drag the icon to the desktop.

Of course the path to konquerorsu.desktop if you are using KDE4 will be.
/usr/share/applications/kde4/konquerorsu.desktop

2ยข worth of something that may help.

Nigel.