Beta 8.10 released

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 07:57:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

this hole story (I'm catching up now) gave me a good mood this morning.
About an year ago when I read about kde 4, I was thinking well ... kde 3 started working for me when it was in version 3.4-3.5, it might be true for kde 4 too, so I told everybody around me who's using linux with kde to not update/upgrade or what ever.

Most of the people have this microsoft newbie illness to have the latest version installed (mostly without doing a backup before).

Few months ago I moved to kubuntu from debian, because on my notebook it's running better.

I read then that the Hardy 8.04 version will be supported few years more (I think 5 - not quite sure). So I think Hardy will keep the kde 3 stuff and I think this is what everybody who's not testing kde and kubuntu needs right now.

What I'm interested in is if other non kde apps btw. known bugs in kde apps will be maintained. I don't want to go with bugs or compile fixes for the next 2 years and mostly after I spent few days to configure my notebook the way I like it.

Last but not least. Kubuntu (hardy) and Debian (lenny) offer kde 3.5 and kde 4.1 at the same time, so I think choice is present.
If some users do want to have this chioce in the next version of kubuntu, why not give it. I would be also happy to have more choice.

Actually my best linux experience was with debian stable, but on the notebook I'm pretty limitted in what I can do with this version.

Please answer the question about maintanance it's important for me

thanks