Beta 8.10 released

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 13:55:59 UTC 2008

On Saturday October 4 2008 01:03:34 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Ian L. Target wrote:
> > O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> Kubuntu 8.10 beta 1 has been released. Contains KDE 4.1.2 whether you
> >> like it or not. Link:
> >> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/8.10-beta
> >>
> >> I would much have preferred another "stable KDE3" and "KDE4 trial" as in
> >> 8.04 - but I am not a Kubuntu developer...
> >>
> >> Sinclair
> >
> > Will there be the ability to remove KDE 4.1.2 and install KDE 3.5.10 in
> > Kubuntu 8.10?
>
> Not as I understand it, you would then have to stay w 8.04

This reminds me...

1. Is the KDE3 desktop/application suite still included in 8.10?
2. What about the package naming conventions? Until now, most of the KDE4
packages have been named $FOO-KDE4, to differentiate them from the KDE3
packages. That's not how Debian's been doing it; they've just been keeping
KDE4 in Experimental (still? I dunno). So my question here is "Is it going to
be a PITA to upgrade my 8.04-KDE4 installation to 8.10?"

-p.