Hide Backup Files

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 12:36:55 UTC 2008

Scott wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 	is there  way to have the backup files, files with a ~, not show up by
> default in Konqueror.  I love having the backup files, but 99% of the
> time they are just in the way.

i'm afraid i don't have a direct answer to how to hide files ending with
~, but in kwrite's and kate's settings, there's an ption to change the
naming of backups. if in one of these programs, you go to settings --->
configure kate/kwrite ---> open/save ---> advanced . there, you will
notice a field called suffix, and have the tilde (~) in it, you can
leave it as it is if you want to , and in the prefix field, put a dot
(.) , all files are starting with a dot are usually hidden, this will
make kate and kwrite create hidden backups. hope this helps.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems