Beta 8.10 released

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Oct 3 18:32:05 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2008 9:57:12 am Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Give the developers time to finish their work. I
> > expect there will be many improvements within that one year and KDE4
> > will be usable until then.
>
> Isn't that something that should be done /before/ making it the
> default?

That is certainly debatable, but if KDE3 was delivered with Intrepid,
someone would have to spend developer time for that version for 18 months
according to the Canonical support promise. And if there are two KDE
versions to support, it simply doubles the necessary ressources which
doesn't make sense financially. Remember: Developer time = €€€.

Now if you read the other posts on this list about KDE4, there seem to be
several people who don't mind switching already. Therefore I don't think
it is a real problem to have KDE4 as default and no KDE3 for Intrepid.

Nils