Force resolution kde

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:54:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Jordi Ferrando Fabra
<jferrando at netplc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting a kubuntu 8.04 system, and I want to force the kde screen
> resolution at 1024x768.
> I open systemsettings and select 1024x768, but as a user as an
> administrator.
>
> The system, nevertheless, starts the kde login screen always at
> 1280x1024, but it decreases the resolutiton to 1024x768 once the user
> logs into kde.
>
> This is very annoying to me, does anyone know a fix?

You can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  In it you should see a section
labeled 'Section "Screen"'.
Inside that section is probably as SubSection labeled 'SubSection
"Display"' (if not, then create it) and inside that there may or may
not be a "Modes" line.  Edit the Modes so it reads 'Modes "1024x768"'.

Now when your X server starts it will start in 1024x768 mode.

Michael