Access to local printer from Vista client

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 30 20:37:34 UTC 2008

I have some rather half-assed ideas about how to go about getting my
Vista laptop client to print files onto my USB printer, looking at
smb.conf, cups.conf and the network printing guff on Vista, I'm a little
scared about getting my sticky fingers into any of it. I've got the
'print' and 'samba' configs installed but I'm not sure how they go
together, can anybody help please. None of the help centre files seem to
be installed for the above.
Brian