web radio

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Nov 29 18:44:50 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2008 13:11:24 Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> I would like to record this stream.
>>
>> http://www.falconradio.org/
>>
>> When I open the live stream, totem (crazy, but it is totem on kubuntu!!)
>> opens the stream and plays the music nicely.
>>
>> Problem: I would like to record the stream to harddisk.
>>
>> I tried with totem to record it, but did not find an option or a
>> commandline parameter for this.
>>
>> Also tried with vlc, kmplayer, xine, kaffeine, dragon and mplayer
>>
>> None of these could even play the stream.
>
> man mplayer
> man mencoder

thanks much for letting me know how to read man pages?

However I already did this for some hours and I could not find anything
helpful in there that would let me play THIS stream with mencoder/mplayer.

Could you possibly be a little more specific?

> sudo aptitude install audacity

Thanks, this one does not even open THIS stream.

Kind regards and thank you very much
Eberhard