kde 4 panel

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:01:45 UTC 2008

Juan Kawada wrote:
> thats the one thing i didn't try. I managed to drag stretch the panel
> across the whole screen but couldn't drag click anything.
> So yeah turns out I'm an idiot, but wouldn't it be more intuitive if
> you dragged the panel you want to move, and not the thing next to the
> panel you want to move?  Either way KDE 4 is going to take some
> getting used to (for me at least)

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/FAQ

My panel is gone, how do I get it back?
kquitapp plasma; rm $KDEHOME/share/config/plasma-appletsrc; plasma

This deletes your plasma settings, so you'll get the default
configuration back. The panel-vanishing-on-crash issue was fixed just
after 4.0.0's release. If running all the 3 commands at once doesn't
work, try typing them in manually and wait a few seconds before running
the next command.