How to configure printer in Kubuntu 8.10

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:52:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the KDE/Ubuntu team is focusing more on newer hardware these days? I
> remember being quite surprised that my usb connected printer (Samsung ML-2010)
> was silently auto detected and configured perfectly without me ever needing to
> do a thing. It even got the model number right.

I think the credit is probably deserved by the CUPS developers more
than distro or desktop environment developers.  The former develop the
soul of the printing system, while the latter just dress her up.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface