Password question.

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon Nov 24 21:10:48 UTC 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008, Steven Vollom wrote:
> It is just like the last time I tried to get 'em' back.  When I opened
> SystemSettings>AboutMe and tried to reset my password it said my
> password was too insecure but said do I really want to do that anyway.
> I confirmed and it rejected it again, and this time gave me no options.
> Is there a way to override the computer.  I am certainly using a secure
> enough password to get into my computer.  Doesn't it have to obey the
> boss?  Is there a way to force it.

Look....    the secure password you use to get into the computer *IS* steven's
passwd and if you change that, you are going to have to use that SAME
PASSWORD to get into the computer.  You cannot have two different passwords
for 'steven'.   (and no, it is not the same as the root password)

As I said, we're not getting anywhere with this.  You don't grasp how things
are working even though I have tried to explain.