How do I copy contents of a URL into Open Office?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 22:05:12 UTC 2008

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I am finally learning the shell.  I am reading from a URL,
>> http://linuxcommand.org/lts0030.php  The part of the page I am wanting
>> a copy is still quite large.  When I highlight the portion I want, then
>> right click, the page changes to another page.  I have a document open
>> in an adjacent window and want to copy the info to that doc..
>>

> There are at least 2 possible ways to copy the text.
>
> 1. Highlight the text with the mouse and then move the cursor to the point
> where you want to insert the text. Click the wheel of the mouse if you
> have one or click left and right mouse button simultaneously if you have a
> two button mouse.
>
> 2. Highlight the text and type Ctrl-c (i.e. press the Ctrl key and keep it
> pressed while you press the c key as well). That operation copies the
> text to the clipboard. Then left-click to the point where you want to
> insert the text from the clipboard and press Ctrl-v.
>

> Nils

Neither worked for me Nils.  Firstly, in the address bar of Konqueror it
says, http://linuxcommand.org/lts0040.php.  The page that I want to
highlight is probably 2 pages in length.  What I would like to do is
copy those contents into an otd or doc, reduce the size of the print to
perhaps 8 point, and put it on my Desktop.  I will use it as a reference
while I am learning to use the shell and memorize same.  Your first
suggestion got the same result, as when I tried to copy and more or less
paste, in that it pasted the url address, not the content of the page
that I highlighted.  If I did what I normally would do to cut and paste,
highlight text then right-click on the text, at this point rather than
make ready the transfer of the data, it backs up to the previous
screen.  The second suggestion did nothing that I can see.

I am in the manual pages of Konqueror, I think.  However, I think the
manual I am looking at is located somewhere else and is not actually in
my computer.  So I am trying to transfer information over the internet
instead of from within my computer.  I don't know why that would make a
difference.  If it does, please explain?  Cordially,

Steven