Firefox upload preview

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:59:07 UTC 2008

2008/11/22 David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net>:
> Is it possible to have an upload preview in firefox? it shows really small
> thumbs beside the filename but it's too small to make out. I looked for a way
> to make it bigger but can't find a solution.
>
> Thanks,

Dear David, this happens because Firefox is written using GTK, while
you are used to the rest of KDE which is
written the better looking QT. so firefox uses a GNOME-like file
chooser menu which doesn't contain thumnails.
this has been recently discussed on the list, and Dotan Cohen filed a
bug on Launchpad about it. i can't remember the link, but will post it
here when i find it. so far, it seems like they are with the idea, but
it's too early to know, but if all goes well, the bug will be assigned
to jaunty jackalope, and the feature will appear in kubuntu 9.04.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems