Converting .wmf files to .tiff, .jpeg or the like

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 17:19:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

john d. herron wrote:
> Hello.
> Is there in Linux any way to convert .wmf (Windows Metafile) image files
> to some more 'universal' (i.e. less MS'y) format like .tiff, .jpeg or
> the like?

I just use the 'convert' utility whenever I need to convert and image.
It is a command line tool part of the ImageMagick package.

I don't though have a .wmf file to hand, so I don't know if it knows
about this particular format. It knows about many others.

If it works, it would be just

  > convert XXX.wmf XXX.jpg

or whatever file format you want. See

  > convert --help