What do the [+'s] mean in sda1 & sda7, sdb2 & sdb5 below?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 20 21:23:48 UTC 2008

John DeCarlo wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net <mailto:stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     If you did not understand the below, what would you Google or what in
>     man:locate would direct me to an answer to my question?  Thanks!
>

> I Googled "fdisk -l" meaning of blocks
>
> found this site:
>
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/fdisk-l-output-154413/
They must have a page redirect, because I copied the address and pasted
it on the list.

> --
> John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf
> <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf>
I was working from a reply, as I recall.  I used the code they provided
in a Shell, then I pasted the data to my reply.  I don't have a memory
that can remember that info without seeing it.  My vague memory showed
information on both my hard drives.  The second column from the right
had a plus on certain entries, but not all of them.  The entry for my
blocked partition sdb5 did not have the plus sign in that column.  As I
recall a primary drive and 3 storage partitions each had a + after the
numbers in that column.  I wanted to know what the + meant to see if it
was relevant to the problem with sdb5.  That is the best I can do
without seeing all of the previous post.  I can't believe I remembered
that much.

Steven