How do I import my address book from from Thunderbird to Kmail in Hardy?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 19 20:19:04 UTC 2008

lanzen wrote:
> lanzen ha scritto:
>

>> Donn't worry. It can still be done. I'll be right back.
>>

> Right, Open TB Address Book and make sure your *Personal Address Book*
> is selected.
>
> On the Toolbar select Tools -> Export. Write a meaningful name in the
> input box on top and don't worry about the extension. ldif should be
> already selected; check the bottom right corner. Save.
>
> Now you'll have a *something.ldif* file in your /home.
>
> Open Kmail, and do Tools -> Address Book.
>
> Now you're in Kmail's address Book. File -> Import -> Import LDIF
> Address Book. Now select your previously saved file and clik ok. That
> should be all.
>
> Let me know, and... sorry again!

Please don't apologize to me, Lanzen, I am so grateful for the help.
You can't believe how happy I am.  I have been belly laughing since it
worked.  Nothing funny, just pure joy.  I wish I could hug you.  I am
saving the email and will go through it a few times until I understand
it's logical progression.  I just can't stop laughing.  This is such a
great day.  Another helper today put me through a path of instruction
that opened the door on some so basic stuff that I should be embarrassed
to say, but it was like putting glasses on a partially blind man.  It
opened a great door to the solution to much of my confusion.  I am
hopeful I won't be such a bother much longer.  Cheers, my friend.
Steven