The fall of KDE?

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 18 20:38:30 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/11/18 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
>> It was easy to see coming. This is from a link on Google, meaning it
>> is getting a lot of reading. How can this be good for Kubuntu? I sure
>> hope the devs see stuff like this and learn. I find it very
>> distasteful to watch my favorite desktop crash and burn due to bad
>> planning and poor thinking.
>> http://ardchoille.nfshost.com/Blog/20081116
>>

> The author is an idiot lets take a typical example from his rant:
> """Secondly, the developers who wrote the application should know
> their code, and if they know their code then they know where all the
> bugs are. If they don't know where all of the bugs are then they have
> no business writing software for the public."""

Eheh actually I find this almost exhilarating, it's the perfect joke. It
is so meaningless, programmerwise (does such a word exist?), that it is
on the same level as:
How many programmers do you need to change a bulb?
Two, one to change the bulb and one to file the bug report.

Admitting for one second the possibility that he's right, he just
discovered the greatest conspiracy of all times. ALL us programmers are
taught to plant bugs and keep them well hidden, because that serves some
hidden purpose which will not be revealed until dead pixels will appear
in the sky...

Oh dear I've said too much... must run now... :P
I.