The fall of KDE?

nepal google nepal.roade at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:26:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Kcontrol _has_ been removed (for the life of me, I can't
> see why he thinks he could do anything in it he can't do
> in System Settings, but he _is_ right that it's gone.
>  Perhaps he's just a little slower than me in realizing
> that much of what you saw in kcontrol is now in the
> "Advanced" tab of System Settings (it certainly took _me_
> long enough to catch on).

I'm just in the process of setting up 8.04 and one thing I
really never liked is KWallet. I looked at all the options
of System Settings and could not find where to turn it off.
So I ran KControl and knew immediately where to go to turn
this off. This is the kind of thing that p****es off users
like me having to waste time trying to find out where
something has been moved to.

nepal.

hehe, now to see if this email is actually working or not.