SOLVED Re: How do I get Kmail to show on theKmenu/Internetdropdown again? SOLVED

lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 01:28:46 UTC 2008

--- Original message ---
Subject: Re: SOLVED Re: How do I get Kmail to show on theKmenu/Internet	dropdown again? SOLVED
From: Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 16/11/2008 11:39 PM

 >Does it tie the browser, email and Dolphin together in Hardy?

Not directly - Kontact integrates KMail, KOrganiser (Calender) and KAddressBook. If you're not fussed about the Calendar then KMail will do fine. KMail/Kontact share mail settings so you can switch from one to the other with no issues.

The looser intergration that KMail/Kontact does with dolphin and Konqueror is that it will use them to display html links and attachments etc. Whereas thunderbird will bring up firefox etc.

>> - Are you using POP3 or IMAP? If unsure you're almost certainly using POP3.
>PPO3.  I thought I included an attachment with my post. In it on one screen, I showed on the left Thunderbird smtp configuration that works fine, and Kmail on the right, >which is not working fine.  I thought someone might notice my error.

Ok, the list will strip attachments off messages. You'll have to upload them to a image hosting service like imagehosting.com or photobucket, or you could email them to me directly (lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com), that would be ok.

> Sending failed:
> Connection to host smtp.att.yahoo.com is broken.
> The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the
> 'outbox' folder.
> The following transport protocol was used:
> stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net

Without knowing more I'd guess an authentication issue, I imagine that yahoo requires SMTP authentication - can be set in KMail via Accounts|Sending|Advanced tab.

Cheers - Lindsay