broken bluetooth after upgrade to 8.10

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:19:17 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/11/15 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
>> Then why are the tools still in the distro?
>>

> Why is the appendix still in our bellies?
>
> That is actually a great question, Derek, and the truth is that the
> bluetooth problem was discovered so late in the process that it is
> just broken, not removed. I suppose that one could say that since "A
> fix for this is being evaluated as a post-release update" that leaving
> the tools in place was the right thing to do, in truth it just shows
> that we need:
> 1) More people testing Kubuntu alphas
> 2) Another Canonical engineer on KDE
>
> Canonical is already hiring a KDE dev. And I am waiting for the first
> 9.04 alphas to show up, which they will likely do later this month.
> Please, test! test! test! If Jaunty has a solid KDE desktop (KDE 4.2!
> yay!) then maybe 9.10 won't have to be called Komatose Kubuntu like
> the past two x.10 releases have been.

not to mention my complaint sometime ago, during the alpha stage of
intrepid, when i was forced to download all the bluetooth packages,
while i don't even use them, and to be honest, i don't even know how
bluetooth works :-P

yes, seeing how kubuntu intrepid already can be considered a beta, since
it uses KDE4, i might upgrade to jaunty as soon as alpha2.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems