Strange updates today

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:01:06 UTC 2008

I run Kubuntu 8.04 on my Dell laptop. Today when I went to upgrade via
apt-get I noticed that the "passwd" package is being updated. That
seems to me rather unusual, as it is a ver ystable package and has
been for as long as I remember. Also, it is critical to system
security. Where can I find more information about this update?

hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  login passwd
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove.
Need to get 821kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~$

--