broken bluetooth after upgrade to 8.10

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:01:29 UTC 2008

2008/11/15 Smith, Mike <MSmith at carrollcc.edu>:
> Hi,
> In that past I have been using bluetooth to load programs lego NXT
> bricks using LeJOS. After upgrading to 8.10 this was no longer posible.
> I normaly don't use hcitool so if I typed somting wrong please tell me.
>
> If I scan for the brick I can find it
> mike at doug:~/checkerbot_nxt$ hcitool scan
> Scanning ...
>        00:16:53:03:7B:CF       BooBoo
>
> If I try to connect to the brick I get
> mike at doug:~/checkerbot_nxt$ hcitool cc $BOOBOO
> Can't create connection: Operation not permitted
>
> At first I thought it was a rights thing so I tried it as root
> root at doug:/home/mike/checkerbot_nxt# hcitool cc 00:16:53:03:7B:CF
> Can't create connection: Input/output error
>
> If anyone can shed some light on my problem it would be great.
>
> Mike

It's in the Release Notes:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/810#Kubuntu Bluetooth support

"Bluetooth is not supported in Kubuntu 8.10 because KDE does not yet
support the bluez 4.x stack required for compatibility with the kernel
used in 8.10. A fix for this is being evaluated as a post-release
update. (Bug 280997)"

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com