EMERGENCY!

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 13 20:25:14 UTC 2008

I just put together my new computer.  I have never built one before.  I
got to the point where the power is supposed to be turned on.  I left
the side off the computer to adjust fan speed on two of the fans that
came with the case.

When I turned the computer on, the case fans came on.  There was a
single beep.  Nonetheless the fan on the heat sink did not come on, and
it is fixed to the power post of the motherboard that was made for it.

I shut down the computer because I believe the processor creates a lot
of instant heat, but I don't know what to do next.  My components are as
follows:

ASUS M3N-HT Delux Mempipe
Processor is AMD Phenom Quad Black Box 9600
Power supply is BFG Tech ATX12Volt  ES Series

Two Maxtor 500gb SATA HD's.

The case fans are connected to the Power Cable that goes to the DVDRW &
Floppy Drive

The heat sink fan goes directly to the motherboard.

All the components are new.  The case did not come with a speaker that
would indicate the beeps that advise problems.

I am using the on-board Video, 8400 Gforce for now; also I am using
on-board sound 8.1.

Does anyone know if the fan over the Heat Sink not being on is normal
when first turning the computer on?  It took me a year to assemble the
components for my new computer; I can't afford to burn anything up.

I am very worried.  Could someone who knows please respond?

Steven