Kde3.5 / Kde4.x OR Kde3.5 / Nde1.x

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:42:15 UTC 2008

2008/11/13 Martin Laberge <mlsoft at videotron.ca>:
> For 10 years, (from 1998 to 2008) I had a total Qt solution
> for accounting/inventory for a big distribution company.
> (the soft standed right, thru the cycle of Qt versions, without
> almost any change in the code)
>

> This passed from Qt1 to Qt2 to Qt3, without a itch. (maybe some little)
>
> Now, Qt4/Kde4. My solution is Borked. Just to start all over again.
>
> How much are we in this situation?

What is the problem here? If your application depends upon Qt3, then
package Qt3 with your application. Qt is licensed under GPL and a
proprietary license. If your application is GPL, then you can package
Qt under the terms of the license that you are familiar with. If your
application is proprietary, then you should already have a license for
Qt instead of using KDE as a dependency.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il