Sorry, I give up to preach *ubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:48:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 11:54 +0100, Herman wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Kubuntu 8.10 failler
>
> I had the same problem, i change my videocard for an nvidia with 256 mb
> and Kubuntu 8.10 was working wel on it
> and then an update driver for the nvidiacard was availeble
> and after a restart it didend start any more, not even in failsafe
>
> So now i am back at Ubuntu 8.10 and this is working well, also with the
> new driver for the nvidiacard
>
> Some times when i startup the pc it is in 800x600 mode
> that was also with diferend OS
>
> i dont no why, but after an restart it works again.

I think it might be less a kubuntu/KDE/nVidia problem is it may be the
kernel. With Fedora, about 6 months ago (which is usually much further
out on the limb that Ubuntu), the kernel was the problem initially with
nVidia having to play catch-up. Dotan, would you chime in on this??
Gene? Correct me if I'm wrong here. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987