Backing up.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:45:03 UTC 2008

> On Monday 10 November 2008, Knapp wrote:
>> I not fraid of CLI or compiling or hard to set up stuff but I would
>> really like to have something full service, easy and gui, so I can
>> have a life. If I can't then I can't and will live with the CLI :-)
>
> Oh God, if that isn't the most ignorant offensive thing...I am hoping that
> you're kidding.
>
> GUI = a life
> CLI = no life

LOL, I am not kidding. I have yet to see a CLI program that I could
use without reading a manual and setting it all up. There are lots of
GUI software out there that can do that. Sorry but it is true. If you
spend your life CLIing then it might be faster but for a newbie or
someone that does not want to deal with it, it is not.
Vim vs OpenOffice
firestarter VS iptables
Konq vs Links, bash and MC or so?
need I go on?
Spreadsheet vs APL?
Sorry but that is the way it is. It takes longer to learn to use the
CLI and when it is used seldom it is easier to forget what you need to
do.
--
Douglas E Knapp