Audio level was Re: Burning CD

Paul Lemmons paul at
Thu Nov 6 23:29:01 GMT 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Audio level  was Re: Burning CD
From: Peter Klaassen <peterklaassen at>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at>
Date: 11/05/2008 03:12 AM
> Is there a way to level the volume for all your music files (mp3 and ogg)
This is a wonderful question. Thank you for asking it!

I have found that there (should) exist a script for Amarok called
ReplayGain and that this script should do exactly what you are asking.

There is a lengthy description here:

I was able to: apt-get install  flac  vorbisgain   mp3gain vorbis-tools
directly and I found a deb for the AACGain package here:

I got to this point and felt that I only need enable the ReplayGain
script in the Amarok script manager but much to my dismay it is not
there! I was able to find all of the supporting programs but not the
piece that ties them into Amarok.

Anybody know where it might be obtained?

Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.