Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Nov 6 18:56:11 GMT 2008

Art Alexion wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 November 2008 2:14:34 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> >
>> > http://www.pnc.com/
>> >
>> > Now that is a really important web site to me, because I do my banking
>> > with it, but the problems occur /after/ I log in (when Konqueror allows
>> > me to log in).
>>
>> I would appreciate if you would be very specific, offlist if you want.
>> I cannot log in as I do not have an account there.
>
> Its hard to show, because it is what isn't there, or doesn't happen.
>
> Screen elements don't display, button clicks don't do anything.

almost specifically - anything that has a <a href="javascript:xxxxxxxxxxx">
seems to do nothing.

>> > Not only does it work in FF, but it also works on Safari on my iTouch.
>
> Which is odd because I thought Safari was based on Konqueror's KHTML
> engine. I guess Apple has moved on from KHTML

Long ago.  They call it WebKit, and there was talk of porting back - and
making Konqueror use WebKit.  Unfortunately, that seems to have been all it
was.

> Frankly, the only time I use Konqueror as a web browser is when it is
> opened by a link in another kde app.

I still think that on the whole it's way better than Firefox, and _always_
use Konqueror, unless it doesn't work.
--
derek