Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:34:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Steve Lamb <grey at dmiyu.org> wrote:
> Knapp wrote:
>> OK, but that still misses the point. If I use FF, I don't need to go
>> to some special URL for dumb browsers.
>
>    On the other hand the stranglehold that IE had on the web is slacking
> precisely because of adherence to standards not of the de facto Microsoft
> kind.  So there is something to be said to sticking to one's guns.

Yes agreed, but there is a problem if your guns are to small! :-)
Does konq have the power to motivate change in the web writers?

>> You know what is a really great browser is Dillo 2!!!! Wow, boots in
>> like a 0.1 seconds, renders pages in an eye blink. If it could just
>> run, all the codecs, java and javascript it would be really good!
>
>    I wonder if it did all that if it would still boot in like 0.1 seconds and
> render pages in an eye blink.  Fast, comprehensive, widespread... pick two...
> to paraphrase a saying.  ;)

I would LOVE to know the answer to that. If the speed could be kept,
then we should really push for it to happen. I know Dillo is badly in
need of developers. I would give them a hand but don't have the skills
it would take to make a fast javascript for them.
--
Douglas E Knapp