URL's in Thunderbird

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Wed Nov 5 11:53:23 UTC 2008

I have Gutsy and Hardy set up with dual boot. I am looking to move to
Hardy as my main distro. I have sorted out most problems, but one still
beats me.

I use two email clients, Thunderbird and Sylpheed. When an email
contains a URL reference I like to be able to click on it and to have
Firefox open up in the correct site. If there is a graphic attachment I
like to click on it and see it opened in the program of my choice,
usually Gwenview.

In Gutsy this works fine with both email clients. In Hardy this still
works in Sylpheed but not in Thunderbird. Clicking on a URL or an
attachment has no effect. I have searched and compared TB in both Gutsy
and Hardy but cannot find any differences.

Can anyone suggest where I look next or help in any way please?

TIA

Neil Winchurst