Why do people dislike Dolphin? to Nigel and p.daniels

nepal nepal.roade at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:12:19 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> nepal wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 November 2008, p.daniels wrote:
> >> If
> >> you're not familiar with Krusader, see the following
> >> (the first is their homepage, the second is a pretty
> >> good intro column): http://www.krusader.org/
> >> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/krusader_o
> >>ne_ file_manager_rule_them_all
> >
> > thankyou mr p.daniels for this. I checked both links
> > out and most likely will slowly transit from konq to
> > krusader for everything seeing as the writing seems to
> > be on the wall for konq. I have used krusader here and
> > there and especially like the way it lets me view .iso
> > files and archives. The one thing it doesn't seem to
> > offer is the directory tree to navigate with.
> >
> > nepal.
>
> Yes it does!
> See this screenshot:
> http://www.krusader.org/screenshotsfs.php?limit=3&next=21
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel
>
> --

hehe, now who feels stupid? ;)

I don't know why I didn't get this earlier today, but tried
it again and it does work and depending on which file
display list panel is selected the tree navigates it!

Excellent!

Not exactly how I like the layout, I generally have konq
with a tree view (F9) panel and a vertically split pane
with two file list views, but I'm going to have to
seriously look at making this my first choice now, if I can
get along with its ways.

many thanks! (especially to the Krew)

nepal.