Why do people dislike Dolphin?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:17:20 UTC 2008

About one year ago, I started migrating from Windows XP to Kubuntu
7.10. The most practical file manager I found in 7.10 was Konqueror in
combination with KDE 3. For file management, I used Konqueror most of
the times. Only in some secondary cases, I also used Dolphin. It is
anyway good to have more than one tool for the same purpose.

At present, I am directly transferring from Kubuntu 7.10 to 8.10,, so
I have no comparative experience with Kub. 7.04. However it may be,
the Konqueror I found it in 'Ibex' has become less practical for me,
because it seems to be more complicated to navigate inbetween all the
maps and partitions of the PC. The contemporary version of Dolphin has
taking over some of the good qualities of Konqueror in Gutsy - it is
absolutely better than the Dolphin I know from Gutsy. On the other
hand, the interaction between the left hand navigation panel and the
right hand file list is still not very practical and flexible in the
Dolphin of today.

For web browsing I use in at least 95% of the cases Firefox. Sometimes
I use the browsing function of Konqueror for comparative reasons.

To finish this reflection: thank you to all those whose efforts have
contributed to the development of Kubuntu.

Respectfuly Yours,

Bas.

--
Viaconsensus