Konqueror rules, Dolphin must die

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 17:04:27 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/11/2 Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes at yahoo.com>:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>> You opinion is valuable to me, as I try to bridge between KDE and
>>> kubuntu-users (and other lists) by filing bugs. Lots of them. But I
>>> will not help someone who is rude. Just last week there was a similar
>>> incident on the opensuse list.
>>
>> First thanks for explaining. Second I don't agree I'm rude.

>>> No, but for the wrong reasons. That was not a developer's issue. When
>>> in doubt, you can ask here or contact me.
>>
>> I am complaining about the facts, whoever the reason is for this, it's
>> _stupid_ decision. I can not do anything about qualifying something
>> stupid if it's really stupid. How do you call something that's red -
>> green?

>>> Dolphin is a revolutionary product, much like KDE 4. That is why early
>>> versions were so annoying. Wait until you get the Dolphin that is now
>>> in Trunk. It's already replaced Konqueror on my KDE 4 systems and I
>>> love it. I never thought that I would say that when I was using
>>> d3lphin (which is _not_ Dolphin, by the way) and early Dolphin builds.
>>>

>> Might be so, but not the think I have trying to get used to for the last
>> few weeks.
>> Besides when I start the app it says "dolphin" the package may be called
>> d3lphin or whatever, but the way it presents it self is dolphin.
>>
>> Please try to bridge then my opinion, that I don't want to have such
>> changes like when konquerer has been the default filemanager in kde3 at
>> once another app is becoming default filemanager. Also the way doing it
>> is not pretty user friendly, so why a user should be friendly?
>> This is what I call stupid, and I'm sorry for this but it really is very
>> _stupid_.
>>
>> Everybody should now know that dolphin should be _removed_ after
>> installing kubuntu 8.04. This was my primary intention and the reasons
>> and discussion we had so far do prove this.
>>
>> Thanks and kind regards
>>

> I do not know in what language you arrange your thoughts (I arrange my
> thoughts not in English as well), but the word 'stupid' here is not
> translating well. What is a stupid app?
>
> I think the use of the word stupid is the reason for your perceived
> rudeness. To tell you the truth, Emanoil, I did not think that you
> were deliberately rude. But using unconstructive, ill-defined terms
> such as stupid, could be perceived as rude. Furthermore, suggesting
> that the programmer should have his fingers cut off _is_ rude. The
> developer in question is named Peter Penz, you can check that by
> clicking Help -> About. That is a human being that coded Dolphin, not
> an team of developers without a face at Microsoft. Would you really
> want Peter to come across a message that he should have his fingers
> cut off?

Now I don't face the developer but the kubuntu guys who put it into the
distro. And yes, if a developer makes such a software, it's better for him
to keep this software at home on his own PC. Please stop defending
stupidity.

And yes suggesting to cut somebodies finger is rude, but obviously they
don't have brain to be amputated.

And suggesting this is less worse then putting this in a distro that will
affect much more people, so expressing something rude is nothing compared
to the peoples attitude to users. I think this is worse then what I said.

I'm sorry for Peter Penz and his fingers. The next time he should pay more
attention. For me he lost some of them for good reason and the people who
decided to put it into kubuntu 8.04 are even more evil and should be
punished harder ;-).

this virtual punishment you can look at as constructive criticism and not as
being rude. Obviously you take me too literally, but you are missing the
fact that in reality what those people do is _not_ user friendly.

regards