Konqueror rules, Dolphin must die

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 14:30:03 UTC 2008

Nils Kassube wrote:

> Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>> Nils Kassube wrote:

>> > If you refuse to be polite, please don't post. I do understand that
>> > you don't like the KDE3 dolphin but I think this is not the right
>> > place for your rant. None of the developers will listen here. After
>> > all you are not forced to use dolphin, so just remove the package or
>> > use the solution Jonas suggested.
>>
>> I don't refuse to be polite.
>
> Well, the way you wrote it suggested to me that you don't want to be
> polite. Good to read that was not your intention.
>
>> Also I think I have the right to post my
>> opinion, here if I want everybody to read it.
>
> Sure you have the right to post here. However you could voice your opinion
> a bit nicer, e.g. without questioning the sanity of the programmers.

They should ask the question themselves I would suggest! And it is not the
programmers but how things are broth to the public.

>> I think there is no sense to post to developers list, as they will say
>> they are working on kde 4.X. Am I right?
>
> I suppose that is true.
>
>> Also politeness will not turn the fact that dolphin for kde is stupid
>> into the opposite.
>
> Being impolite doesn't help either. You won't change anything at all
> because KDE 3.5 will not be used for any new version of Kubuntu. And the
> behaviour of the existing version will not be changed. I think you are
> about 9 months late with your complaint.

Come on, what means impolite? It's just an example for how things are done
to disadvantage the user (me in this case).
I've said before that I don't want to test new things unless I explicitly
agree and this is also an example how developers and packagers force users.

So who is impolite I'm asking myself. The people who let it be defaulted in
kde, the people who put it in kubuntu, you who are telling me not to say
things that are obviously true, or me who is impacted at the end.

I think we can discuss too long this issue, but I hope I made myself clear
what I mean and expect.

regards