Couple of issues with Hardy upgrade

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk
Mon May 26 19:45:23 BST 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008 20:26:27 Mark Fraser wrote:
> Finally upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy today and I have to say most things
> work fine - really impressed that I can now control my DVB-T tuner with its
> remote control - but I'm having some problems with 2 programs:
>
> 1) Real Player 10 - I can't seem to get it to play any sound.

I've now sorted this one out by downloading Real Player 11 from their website.

> 2) Camstream - it won't work with my webcam (Logitech) although Kopete,
> Skype and Camorama work fine.

Still haven't got anywhere with this, but syslog has this line:
kernel: [
81.278448] /build/buildd/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-2.6.24/debian/build/build-generic/media/gspcav1/gspca_core.c:
init isoc: usb_submit_urb(0) ret -28