Adding sudo permissions to additional user

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Sun May 25 11:36:44 UTC 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Cary Bielenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>     My daughter came to me tonight & said she was over Windows what
> could I do but give her Kubuntu :-)  She is delighted & is happily
> chatting in Kopete. I was going to show her how to add software but she
> cant sudo as it denies her password. Does anyone no how to give her sudo
> functionality?
>

> TIA Cary

System settings - user management - administrator mode - select user - modify.
Make the user part of the admin group to enable software installation.

This also enables the empowered user to do everything else, of course! Are you
sure you want somebody else to be able to act as god on your computer? My son
has his own computer, on which he is the administrator. He can use mine if he
wants to, but he doesn't fool around with it.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763