Firefox and ktorrent

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri May 23 21:48:34 UTC 2008

Paul Lemmons said the following at 05/23/2008 12:21 PM :

> I attacked the problem from a different angle. I asked "Why is the
> application window empty". I found a link that suggested that I "apt-get
> install firefox-gnome-support".  That fixed both the problem of the
> empty applications and as a happy side effect, the ability to click on a
> link and have it automatically open ktorrent.

So does adding that package mean that you can now augment/change the
mapping between file types and applications?

I've been looking for something to do that for ages. I can't understand why
plain vanilla FF doesn't seem to allow one a way to add/change that mapping
(or indeed, why it just doesn't use the mapping defined by the OS).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR