thunderbird is haunted ?

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu May 22 15:24:12 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 11:59:17 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/5/22 Willy K. Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com>:
> > Kmail, which is also part of kontact, is the default mail client in
> > kubuntu, but i think thunderbird is much better, IMHO
>
> Kmail is quite a bit easier to use than Thunderbird in both
> application's default configurations. Kmail especially has better
> keyboard shortcuts. However, Thunderbird's extensions and super-quick
> spam filtering are what makes me use Tbird.

I use Kmail but not Kontact, Kontact is just too much overhead which is also
why T-Bird though tried out is not used here.  I did find out however, spam
assassin is quite slow for spam handling.  Bogofilter is MUCH faster, easier
to train, and I think even more accurate.  The only difference between Kmail
downloading with no filter and with bogo is that with bogo I have no spam or
html mails to wade through; ...they have all been sent where they belong,
directly to trash!  Time difference if any, is not even noticeable.  We even
use Kmail on our two Gnome machines!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org