OT: Kmail, POP3, list, thread and Gmail

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 20 00:03:46 UTC 2008

Sylviane et Perry White wrote:

> The problem with this is that the mails I send to the kubuntu list (and
> others) are not retrived by Kmail (or any other mail agent) using pop3,
> although they appear in my inbox on the site for Sunrise mail.
>
> I am trying to find a workaround, namely to set up a filter on the server
> side that would forward those mails to another mailbox, from which I could
> then retrieve them in Kmail.

The problem with this concept is that Gmail doesn't actually use Mailboxes.
Remember their slogan is something like "sort not filter".  I've seen some
people talk about using IMAP, and that's intriguing because I can't see how
that's really compatible with the GMail web interface.  I'm going to have
to check it out.
--
derek